Summer is finally here, and it’s a perfect time to catch up on home maintenance tasks, both inside and outside of the house. Putting in a little elbow grease now goes a long way toward future house upkeep–making that well-deserved rest even more enjoyable.
These summer maintenance tips will help keep your home looking great for all seasons:
- Wash your windows. Wash all interior and exterior windows to let in light and maximize visibility.
- Inspect your home for faulty lights or electrical connections. If necessary, hire a professional electrician (comparable to Electrician in Atlanta, GA) to repair the electrical issues you’re experiencing.
- Check your windows for leaks. Re-caulk the seals on all doors and windows. This practice can increase your home’s energy efficiency.
- Clean your dryer vent and exhaust duct. Remove any clogged lint and dust from your dryer vent. Doing so can help prevent house fires.
- Power wash any siding or brick. Get rid of any dust, dirt, or mold that makes your home’s exterior look dirty.
- Repair and repaint your home’s exterior features. Fix any chipped, cracked, or faded exterior paint by hiring companies like Rhino Shield to protect your home from further damage from the elements.
- Clean your outdoor grill. Thoroughly clean your grill to make it ready for summer barbecuing.
- Get your roof inspected. Make sure your roof lasts as long as possible by having it checked for loose shingles or other damages and when you need roof repairs consider thoroughly checking through any required repairs with a qualified professional.
- Care for your greenery. Inspect your plants and landscaping. Get rid of weeds, overgrowth, or dead plants. Freshen up areas by adding new plants where wanted.
- Clean your drains and downspouts. Clean any debris from your home’s downspouts. Check if there is any need for drain servicing for which you would need to get help from a plumbing company like Valley Service (https://valleyservice.net/fargo-services/plumbing).
- Inspect your deck or porch. Check outdoor spaces for any necessary upkeep-such as applying sealant or stain, or fixing loose boards.
Seasonal checkups are important for every house’s upkeep. Contact Cleary Insurance, Inc. for more home maintenance information.