http://www.clearyinsurance.com/wp-content/uploads/Cleary_Logo.jpg 0 0 Carol LaCombe http://www.clearyinsurance.com/wp-content/uploads/Cleary_Logo.jpg Carol LaCombe2022-04-19 13:05:142022-04-19 13:06:49Tips for Safe Spring Driving
Tips for Safe Spring Driving
As flowers bloom, drivers often think the worst of their driving worries have melted away, but spring driving comes with its own unique set of risks. Heavy spring showers, potholes, increased wildlife activity and pedestrian traffic are just a few of the risks spring drivers need to watch out for. Knowing the following tips for safe spring driving can help prevent accidents.
- Winter weather often creates large potholes that can be difficult to see. Keep a safe following distance in case the driver in front of you reacts. Try not to swerve to avoid potholes, but brake gently before and navigate them with caution.
- Rain mixed with even a little bit of oil on the road can create dangerous conditions. Increase your following distance, turn your headlights on and drive slowly during heavy spring rains.
- Animal activity increases during the spring. If you see an animal on the road, slow down or prepare to stop. Be on high alert at dusk and in rural areas where animals are most active.
- Warm weather means more people will be out walking and biking. Slow down in your neighborhood and pay extra attention to crosswalks and other high-traffic areas.
- Cold weather and harsh conditions can wear your tires and deflate them. Check the treads on your tires to ensure you have proper traction and check for proper inflation.
- Months of snow, ice and salt can wear down your wipers, making it difficult to see in spring storms. Clean your wiper blades with wiper fluid and wash the windshield. If your wipers are still leaving patterns on the glass, it’s time to buy a new set.
Abiding by safe driving tips can help you and others stay safe on the road while driving during the spring months. For additional questions about safe driving during the spring months, contact Cleary Insurance, Inc.